WHAT DOES A CAREER STRATEGIST DO?
A career strategist can help you clarify your career goals, identify potential career opportunities, explore career options and facilitate job exploration and search activities.
A career strategist can help you assess and refine your strengths, abilities, interests and skills through inventories and assessments that may guide new career options.
Strategists can coach you on job hunting strategies, help develop your resume, build an online presence, improve your communication materials and sharpen your interview and negotiating skills.
Career strategists support you when you experience job stress, job loss, career transition.
A career strategist helps you navigate an effective job search. Do you want to work in the same industry or change industries completely? Have you been out of the workforce for a long time and are no longer sure what you want to do or are qualified to do?
REASONS TO HIRE A CAREER COACH,
BUT ONLY ONE THAT TRULY MATTERS
Refreshing your resume or downloading a tutorial on popular interview questions is not something a little enthusiastic Googling won't turn up in today's digital age. But here are just a few reasons why the human touch is essential and a valuable return on investment:
1. Managing a career exploration or transition can be an overwhelming process. There is a method to the madness and we've been trained to inspire direction, manage the process and ensure you are focused on the objectives, not deterred by the stress.
2. Time management and organization. Career strategists work with you to set objectives, goals and timelines that keep the momentum going, and ensure your time and energy are used effectively.
3. Career strategists are marketers. Landing the right job is as much about self-promotion and convincing as it is about having the right skills, or fitting in with the culture.
4. We are connected. The career development model today is heavily rooted in networking and making the right connections. We operate as a network. We create meetings, make referrals and maximize our resources, which means doing everything we can to put you in touch with the right people.
5. Certified career strategists have to maintain current industry acumen, search strategies, standards and business practices in an ever-changing industry. You are applying the most updated methods in your job search. How do you know? Because someone else has done the work for you.
6. Invest in yourself. Perhaps the most important reason of all to hire career help. Regardless of your motivations, making a small investment in yourself is well worth the ROI if it means securing a job you are passionate about and earning an annual salary faster and for longer.